Need to Register?

Currently you can register through a Gmail, Facebook, or OpenID account. This helps us avoid spam. Click an icon below! :)

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Return to PC?

Hey gents,

So I'm making a return to PC gaming, going to be building a new system this week. What's everyone playing now a days that I should get in on? This is the first gaming PC I've had since TF2 days!

Comments

• seems like people are playing more low end indie games these days to me. i have a friend waiting for the final specs of the release occulus and the next gen needs to build his this next year.
  • edited September 2015
    ^^ This is pretty much where I'm at. I'm waiting for Oculus before I spec my new rig. My ~4 year old rig still plays everything I've tried quite smoothly, but the straight increase in pixels for 4k screens and the Oculus will trigger an upgrade for me early next year.

I'm also hoping monitors will get a more standardized resolution bump. 5" phone screens are better than my 24" monitors right now.
  • My current machine is a Surface Pro if that means anything.
  • Currently: A lot of us are playing Blizzard Titles like fiends.

Diablo 3 Season 4 started last week and has been fun - so about 8-10 of us have been smashing away at that since it went live.
    Hero's of the Storm
    Hearthstone (I don't personally play this but a lot of USDN'ers do)

Personally - I'm playing Assetta Corsa (Race Sim) which is awesome, and looking forwarding to another Battlefield Title soon, in this case Star Wars Battlefront. This week Metal Gear Solid 5 came out too, that I'm going to have to play real soon too.

Witcher 3 in a high res/high fidelity is fucken beautiful, highly recommended, since I know you like your Single Player games too.

After that, the next big title I can see a bunch of us playing is BLizzard's Over Watch. Imagine LoL/HotS/Dota, meets TF2. Class based, FPS, with point objectives, and other map goodies.

That's about it for me.
  • Oh yeah, what am I playing...

Basically Minecraft and Kerbel Space Program. Haven't done anything else lately - wanted casual.
  • Yeah I'm going to be mooching a bunch off my brother for the time being, go go steam family sharing!

Gif I'm playing a bunch of HOTS, trying to link up with you guys to play. Is generally the best way idling in mumble?
  • Yes, if we're on we're almost always in mumble.

FYI Diablo 3 will probably eat up most people for another few weeks. Then back to HOTS.
  • I plan on playing battlefront on the ps4, but want to get a new pc around the time fallout 4 comes out. So maybe will do battlefront on that as well?

And when the division finally comes out, will be rocking that on ps4 as well.
  • Guild Wars 2 and going through my Steam backlog.
  • We should play some GW2 when the expansion comes out, Bill.
  • I'll definitely do some GW2.
  • Sounds good, I'll just have to buy HOT once I determine it's worth it.
  • GW2 is installing as we speak!
  • Killing Floor 2 is free to play this weekend on steam. I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to try it out.
  • I'll bite Anneveld, I'll be on.
  • I'll bite Anneveld
    -Chuggst3r

Right?
  • Always baby.
  • I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity. For any fans of the classics like balders Gate they will love this.
  • I've been convinced to join a Blood Bowl 2 league at work, which I've never played. So that might be something if someone's interested.

... time to do some tutorials.