Need to Register?

Currently you can register through a Gmail, Facebook, or OpenID account. This helps us avoid spam. Click an icon below! :)

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (NON SPOILER THREAD)

Good? Bad? Bad but still better than the Prequels?

What did you guys think?

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I really enjoyed it. Better than the prequels. Maybe about as good as RofJ? It's a movie I'll come back to often and keep enjoying.

Mild mild spoiler: It seemed like a bit of homage to the original trilogy. I don't mind that. It was enjoyable like I said. But I think it will be up to the next two to be a bit more original - but there was lots of stuff setup for them to explore so I'm expecting good things. :)
  • Going Sunday!!! Can't fucken wait!!
  • I am in the same boat as Gif, but for IMAX on Monday. The Google Chrome Force Awakens Spoiler extension is amazing.
  • edited December 2015
    I was worried at first that it got "JJ Abrams'd". It didn't.

It was good.
  • edited December 2015
    Oh. If you are going to see it in 3D, go early and get a very good seat. Otherwise, I'd recommend 2D.

EDIT: My theater still uses linear polarization

For 3D, any less-than-great seat will have blurry action/ship scenes. And you have to look exactly where they want you to be looking as it is CGI rendered with a moving focal point, otherwise it looks terrible. In a middle seat in a middle/high row, you can at least look elsewhere without the picture separating. In 2D, other parts are just out of focus, it won't ruin the whole picture or give headachey feelings.
  • Waiting to see this with the family when I get to Calgary on Monday.
  • edited December 2015
    Saw it this afternoon. The 3D was well executed, for those of you worried.

What I thought: Solidly meh, but better than prequels. I think I'll need to judge all 7-8-9 as a unit rather than as individual movies - on the individual movie perspective, solidly meh.

Sidenote: From the previews, I think the world has identified Michael Bay's perfect movie niche! Ninja Turtles movies.
  • I really enjoyed it. Great movie.