Need to Register?

Currently you can register through a Gmail, Facebook, or OpenID account. This helps us avoid spam. Click an icon below! :)

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

rainbow six siege (pc)

playing it?
add me to your steam friends list and let's kick some terrorist ass!

not playing it?
25% off in the steam holiday sale, get with the program!

Comments

• I liked the look of it, but probably can't run it :P.
  • MINIMUM:
    OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
    Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (DirectX-11 compliant with 1GB of VRAM)
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 30 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

RECOMMENDED:
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better or AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 Ghz or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (or GTX 760 / GTX 960) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (or R9 280x [2GB VRAM] / R9 380 / Fury X)
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 47 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card 5.1 with latest drivers

MY RIG:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-2600k
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)

Runs pretty well on my hardware. The game auto detects the medium quality for everything. It looks good enough and it performs pretty well with the exception of some jitter at the beginning of a mission as it finishes loading everything.

It allegedly scales really well from a performance perspective so unless you're sporting an Intel GPU, I'd be surprised if it couldn't run it. Besides, doesn't Steam do returns now if it doesn't work out?
  • AMD on board gpu. Really bad, can't run payday 2.
  • It looks cool and I'm tempted but I think I've already over spent this holiday season. Might pick it up next time a sale comes around.
  • I've got it, so look me up whenever you feel like playing!
  • Got it. Anneveld caved.
    For others who end up succumbing: Sale is done on Steam. It was $59.99 CDN - which is still a lot for a multiplayer only game, I know. But I bet you can find it for that much or less elsewhere.
  • twitter even claims that they've resolved their matchmaking issues!
    we shall see....
  • I think we need to be 'friends' on uplay to be able to squad up together. I've sent invites to everyone that I have on my steam list (yay integration?) but if you want to play and I've missed you, look me up!
  • played for about an hour this evening with no server connection issues. huzzah!
  • I've only been doing the sort of training missions, but it's stressful stuff. Will be around tomorrow night if others want to play.
  • and I've missed you, look me up!
    Not sure you've ever "missed" me Snuffy.

Also once I get my new rig built, I will be playing a lot more FPS and other games besides WoW, Hearthstone and D3, due to that really being what my lappy can run right now. But I am building a home rig for the first time in like 10+ years.
  • Nice Jedi!

That's also great news about the server connections issues. I might be laning with Incomer tonight but for sure I want to play R6S with those who have it soon. :)
  • Some good terrorist hunt rounds last night. If we can manage to fill out a 5 man team, I'd love to get in to some actual legit 5v5. That would be awesome! We had 4 last night.. Chugs! We need you!
  • I showed up late to the party! I also accidentally shot both Clark and Mannaveld. Maybe you're best without me...
  • We're bumping the difficulty to realistic next time. That means if you shoot us, our hands come through the screen and bop you upside the head. It's THAT real!
  • I honestly 100% deserved far more than that last night. I had all the tactical foresight of a drunken frat bro at a bar picking a fight with the bouncers.
  • BRO! DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!
  • Thanks for that link - the videos are awesome. I feel like I have a clue now. JUST A CLUE THOUGH. Still expect to die a ton. Looking forward to playing more with you guys. And dying a lot.
  • You missed a table turning game. I got a few kills that were not my own team, then Anneveld shot me.
  • You had it comin
  • This is a really good game, btw. For anyone looking for a strategic-shooter, it's solid.
  • Yeah it is very good. Any of you should check it out if this type of FPS still has any appeal for you (the type being military-ish shooters, like CS etc). The price is a little high right now, but once it goes on sale again, I strongly recommend it. We've been having a lot of fun with it! Come join us. :)
  • Amazon.com has it on sale right now. Not sure how that works for Canadians though. It's a physical copy so shipping might make the sale moot.
    http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Six-Siege-PC/dp/B00KUYQZAU/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453217091&sr=1-2&keywords=rainbow+six+siege+pc
  • Also, even though we got wrecked nearly every match, I had a blast playing last night.
  • I got my digital copy from cdkeys.com for ~$40 (US dollar).

I am very, very bad at Sieging and defense thereof.
  • Yeah we seemed to get worse with time? Still fun though.

Tork, Link, Snuffy, Cataldo, Anneveld, Chugs and myself now have a copy. Why don't you?
  • You know what, convince Chupon to get it, and I'll get it too. I'm not going anywhere near a new FPS that doesn't have the Chupon seal of approval. Though Titanfall was a bit of a flop - though I enjoyed, just wish the community didn't disappear a week after launch.
  • But it is SO good. And you make AMERICAN monies!
  • C'mon guys. Come play comp CS:GO ;P
  • Actually my pc may be able to run cs:go
  • Only 1 cluster charge can be out at a time?
  • Most special devices and things have one button to activate - if you don't have one planted, it plants, otherwise it explodes it. (This is probably partially a concession to console controllers.)
  • Had some great games tonight. This would be an amazing game to play 5v5 with all USDN if we had that many players. :)
  • Yeah, the Clark carry was strong.
  • im not sure if that uplay version can be linked to steam (although steams says something along the lines of: requires uplay but can be linked to steam).

also you will probably all stop playing when xcom 2 comes out