Need to Register?

Currently you can register through a Gmail, Facebook, or OpenID account. This helps us avoid spam. Click an icon below! :)

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

BvS. Hot mess or just plain awful..... Probably spoilers at some point

So what did you all think?

Personally I am a Superman junkie and will watch anything with the Man of Steel in it. Hell I really liked Man of Steel and Superman Returns. I even have a soft spot in my heart for Superman 3 and Superman 4: Quest for Peace.

So was BvS a hot mess of a film? OMG yes. But I still enjoyed it for what it was, a fun popcorn flick that gave me something I have been waiting for my entire life (since age 14 really) to see in cinematic form (the cartoon movie that was a rushed 1hr doesn't count, I can explain further later if needed).

The plot I felt was the weakest part of this film. The editing was just so jumpy that the story didn't really make much sense. I didn't like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. The wife asked me why he was acting more like the Joker than traditional Lex, and I had no answer.

I did enjoy Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I liked the way they showed Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg int eh film without just having them show up and go "hey, we're the Super Friends now". Jeremy Irons was a badass Alfred (reminds me of Alfred on Gotham).

So of course I am looking forward to Justice League, but I will go in with lower expectations. I am more looking forward to the solo Wonder Woman and Batman films coming up.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Best I have for you: it was stupid but I wasn't bored. And Jesus, there were a lot of allegories. A lot of Jesus allegories.