Need to Register?

Currently you can register through a Gmail, Facebook, or OpenID account. This helps us avoid spam. Click an icon below! :)

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

gift ideas for youngins?

edited December 2011 in General
Hey all, I'm looking for some inspiration for christmas presents for my 16 yr old brother and my 2 yr old niece. My brother is a hardcore PS3 fan so I'm thinking maybe some PSN bucks or something, but I really dunno what's good with consoles these days tho. Was also thinking mebbe some driving lessons would be cool. For my niece, I have no fucking idea. Any suggestions?

Comments

• for the 16 year old brother .... get him a 16 year old girl?
  • Two year olds are really hard to peg. They don't tend to have big preferences by that point. And nothing really keeps their attention for all that long, regardless. I'd suggest chatting with your brother/sister and asking what would be a good gift for the niece. I mean, you can get any of a zillion toddler toys, but you can't be expected to know what they'd like. I know we used to request a lot of things like crayons, colouring books, play-dough, . But, depends on the kid.

16 year old PS3 fan? I mean, a dozen great PS3 games are pretty fresh on the market. What type does he play? What does he have? Deus Ex was great. Batman. Skyrim. All those War games with the shooting of people.
  • edited December 2011
    Etter said: Deus Ex
    PlatooN said: get him a 16 year old girl?
    Hahah, you got one you wanna get rid of?

• phro said:
    PlatooN said: get him a 16 year old girl?
    Hahah, you got one you wanna get rid of?
    no but you could check with turk :D

• 16? Isn't that past Turk's 'best before' date?
  • Convert the 16 year old to BF3. As for the 2 year old, usually the toy that makes the most noise works, if mom and dad don't like it then they shoulda been more helpful with suggestions. ;)
  • Jerky said: if mom and dad don't like it then they shoulda been more helpful with suggestions.

I am so completely going to quote you on that :)

• Jerky said: As for the 2 year old, usually the toy that makes the most noise works,
    As a father whos kid gets these kind of gifts every year......I can tell you it's annoying, but I also have a habit of forgetting (on purpose) to buy new batteries, once the old ones run out :D

Mind you I have also given those gifts when all my nieces and nephews were not teenagers, so I did find the humor in it.

• Not as fun for you, but I like to give books, I know my Son loves em. And getting them to sit down and listen to a story is always great and they will eventually become fond of them.
  • Get him a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition calenders. I always like getting those :D. Also BF3. Also the Tv Series of Sparticus.
  • Hrm, okay two suggestions of BF3 and one Deus Ex. I'm definitely gonna get him one of these, they're both 50 bucks on PS3. He does dig multiplayer but he's such a CoD whore and all his buddies are on that that I think Deus Ex may go over better. I know he really dug Mass Effect so I'm thinking sci-fi rpg will be well received. Or should I really push to get him off the CoD?
  • I wouldnt suggest BF3 on a console... it'd defintly better for PC, you just need the precision and higher resolution of a PC for BF3. I would say CoD:MW3 for PS3. Just my two cents.

(The books were for the 2 year old by the way).
  • Yeah I figured as much Gif. There's a teachers supply store near my place that seems to have a pretty solid collection of books, and I know my niece is a big fan so I think I'll be hitting that up. Thanks :)